Monday, May 20, 2013

Garlic Lemon Chicken KaBobs

Spring has finally decided to arrive in Minnesota - it's about time!  (We went from 14 inches of snow on May 2nd to 80 degrees on May 14th - talk about some crazy weather changes!)  Now that spring is officially here and summer is just around the corner, grilling season is getting into full swing.  There's nothing better than grilling a meal and eating on the patio on a nice evening.
I'm excited to share this new recipe that I found (during the winter, go figure), and tried on one of our first nice days.  M and I love it and I have a feeling its going to be a regular on our dinner table this summer with some homemade freezer corn. 

Garlic Lemon Chicken Kabobs
Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats

Ingrediants:
1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 1/2 lbs)
1 Lemon
3 Tablesppons olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:
First, cut up your chicken into bit sized pieces, approximatly 3/4 to 1 inch cubes.
Next zest your lemon (side note - does anyone have ideas of what to do with the zest-less lemon?)


In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat with the marinade


Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to eight hours.  Shake the bowl a few times while refrigerating to help to distribute the marinade.
Thread the chicken onto skewers and discard the extra marinade.  Put the kabobs on the grill and cook about 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice.

Enjoy!
Linking up

<--- click here to see nutrition info and a printer friendly version of the recipe

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Create and Share, Sugar and Spice, What I Whipped Up, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Show me what ya Got, Lil Luna, Wow me Wesdnesday, {Wow Me} Wednesday, Cast Party, Recipe Roundup, Recipe Box, Your Whims Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wednesday Whatsit, Chef's Day Off, Show and Share, Dream to Reality, Wow Us Wednesday, Super Linky Party, What We Wore, Read, and Made, Whatcha Work-Up, A Little Bird Told Me,
Thursday
Hooking up with HoH, Catch a Glimpse, Full Plate Thursday, Creative Juice, Busy Bees, Thursday's Treasures, Crafty Soiree, Commercial Break, Chic and Crafty, Thursday Favorite Things, Live Laugh Linky, Creative Princess, Share your Cup, Keep Calm and Link Up, Linky Party, Link it Up, Made you Look, Inspiration in Progress, Blog Stalking, Wildly Original, Showcase your Talent, Somewhat Simple, Creat it Thursday, Fantastic Thursday,
Friday
Weekend re-Treat, Foodie Friday, Show and Tell Friday, Friday Favorites, Simply Create, Lovely Crafty Weekend, EBKTS, Weekend Wander, Weekend Show Off, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Flaunt it Friday, 504 Main, Friday Favs, Fancy This Friday, Flash Blog Friday, Finished Friday, Freedom Friday, Show off Friday, Happy Hour, I <3 Friday, Keep Calm and Link Up, Weekend Wonders,
Weekend
Weekend Wrap Up, Say G'day, Strut Your Stuff, Check me Out , Show and Tell, Saturday Spotlight, Great Ideas, Show and Tell Saturday, Your Great Idea, Simply Sweet Saturday, Share it Saturday, Saturday Show and Tell, Sunday Scoop, Sunday Showcase, Think Pink, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Not Baaad Sunday, Scrumptious Sunday Recipe Link Party, That DIY Party,Overflowing with Creativity Party, A Bouquet of Talent, Will Cook for Smiles

25 comments:

  1. These look delicious... garlic and lemon can make anything taste A-mazing!
    Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party~
    Hope you enter my giveaway for a Shabby Apple Gift card too!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that gets cooked on a grill automatically gets a thumbs up from my house :-)Maybe use the zestless lemons for lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple, delicious recipes like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Yummy! Found you at Suger Bee Crafts :)
    Nicole
    http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/05/annabelle-simply-charming.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garlic and lemon is always a hit together! Love your recipe :-) Thank you for sharing at our All My Bloggy Friends Party !

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! My boys love food on a stick :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays and for the link back :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted looking for some help with my blog... maybe you can offer some advice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kabobs, great marinade!
    We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Two Girls and a Party
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
    Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delicious - I think I can have them on my diet too! Thank you for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so great and perfect for summer! I think my MOPS friends would love this! Join us for Family Fun Friday. Share your posts with 100+ bloggers and 400+ readers. If you have time, please link this at:
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/
    Thanks!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. O how I love a garlic and lemon combo!
    Thanks for sharing with us on Pin it Tuesdays! PowerfulMothering.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! Grilled chicked is a must for the summer BBQ! Thanks for sharing at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. I've pinned this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. found your post on I <3 Fridays link party, These look delicious, always love a new chicken recipe, Started following you! If you have a few minutes I would love for you to check out my blog as well

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be right over! yum. Thank you for sharing at the hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day Weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danielle, just lovely. It would be great if you linked in to Food on Friday: Garlic. The showcases from this Food on Friday have not yet been selected. This link will take you to my home page where you will find a sidebar with links to all the different Food on Fridays. So that I know you have linked and can be sure to pin to the board I have for each one, please do leave a short comment. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Danielle, thanks for stopping by - I have popped your link over into Food on Friday: Garlic and have pinned it to that board too. I hope to see you again soon. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome. I love kabobs anyway. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm :) Callum would love this! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. mmm...sounds great...I love lemon on chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a yummy grilling recipe. Hubby and I grill almost nightly. I will be pinning this. Can't believe you had that much snow in May. Crazy, for sure! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. We just loved your post and your blog and we're so glad to have you join us at our One Sharendipity Place Link-up Party this past weekend!! It has been so much fun finding your site and others like yours out there!! We hope you'll join us again this weekend!!
    Thanks again & God bless,
    Sue @ thet2women.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. We LOVE grilled chicken kabobs and this is a flavor combo I haven't seen before. Will have to try it!

    Have you tried these: http://pinterest.com/pin/86835099038021812/

    They have been a staple on our grill in past years!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just found your site!!
    Now following!
    Looking forward to keeping up and getting to know you!

    I also have a design site, if you ever need a custom design, check out Christinaloranedesigns.blogspot.com

    xo
    Christina
    Pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Danielle, thanks for bringing this on over to the snack table. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  25. G'day! Looks great! Congrats for also being featured in the Olive and Grapevine weekly!
    Cheers! Joanne What's On The List?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...