Today I have a guest post from Elizabeth from ReadySetEat to share with you - doesn't this look delicious (if you like bananas that is!)
Sweet Caramelized Bananas
This is a guest post by Elizabeth L. on behalf of ReadySetEat. Visit www.readyseteat.com to find easy recipes for dinner or pasta salad recipes for when the weather turns warmer.
Caramelized bananas are such a comforting dish, and they’re also really easy to make! Even if this dish is a dessert, you are still getting all of the benefits of the fruit, too. I remember the first time I had caramelized bananas, it was in a restaurant in Washington D.C, and I thought it was so good. I couldn’t wait to make them at home! With this simple recipe, you will have a dessert ready in no time, and you won’t even have to pay restaurant prices. You could pair this with some vanilla bean ice cream or maybe some salted caramel ice cream. Either would taste great with this!
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Parkay® Original Spread-tub
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly firm bananas, peeled, halved and sliced lengthwise
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Heat sugar, Parkay and cinnamon in medium skillet over medium-high heat; when bubbly, add bananas. Cook 1 minute on each side or until bananas are warm and glaze has thickened slightly, spooning glaze over bananas.
- Top each serving with Reddi-Wip. Serve immediately.
If you want to find some dinner ideas that are easy like this recipe, swing by ReadySetEat.com!