Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Birthday Card Organizer

Welcome to 2014!  I can't believe we're already into January.  I know many people have set organization goals for themselves for the year, and I wanted to share a quick tutorial with you to help you stay organized and make sure you don't forget any birthday's this year!
I've recently gotten into card-making (stay tuned for more posts on this!) and one thing I wanted to do was make handmade cards for all of my friends and family this year.  I like to plan ahead and put forth my best effort, and not be rushing to finish a card on the day I have to mail it.  So I decided to make a birthday card organizer so that when I have time, I can make my cards for the next few months and then they will be all organized and ready to go when they need to go in the mail!
What you Need:
  • Mini Binder (I got mine at Target)
  • Avery Mini binder folders (2 packets of 5) or Mini sheet protectors
  • 12 sheets of cardstock
  • Post it notes
  • Optional - cutting machine like Cricut or Silhouette

What to Do:
This project is really pretty simple.
Using your cardstock, you are going to cut out tabs/dividers.  Hole punch and label them for each month.
You can either cut out the tabs and hole punch them by hand (just trace around them to create your own template).  Alternatively, you can use a Cricut or Silhouette to cut them out for you.  I got a Silhouette in their After Thanksgiving Sale and I love it!  This is my first big project with it and I'm so happy with how it turned out!  I designed my own set of six tabs for mini binders with three holes.
Use post it notes to write out holidays or birthdays for each month.
Place the Avery folders behind the tabs and there you go!  You can plan out your next few months of card giving and keep them all together so you are prepared when holidays or birthdays come up!  Place your cards in the folders and you'll be all ready and make sure to not forget a birthday! 
If cardmaking is not your thing, you can also create this and use it to store bought cards instead.
One thing to note, the folders only come in packs of five.  It works out fine for me, since I have two months where there are not birthdays, so it's fine for me.

If anyone can tell me how to save and share the silhouette cutting file or turn it into a free SVG file, I'd be happy to share the mini binder tabs I designed!
*Note, I think I can e-mail the Silhouette cutting file I made - e-mail me if you would like it!

Edit - Click here to get the download for mini binder tabs.

Good luck with getting organized for 2014!  Have a great week!

 Linking up:
Wednesday
Create and Share, Sugar and Spice, What I Whipped Up, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Show me what ya Got, Wow me Wednesday, {Wow Me} Wednesday, Cast Party, Your Whims Wednesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wednesday Whatsit, Show and Share, Dream to Reality, Wow Us Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, And Sew We Craft Together, We did it!, We Made that!, Two Girls and a Party
Thursday
Catch a Glimpse, Chic and Crafty, Thursday Favorite Things, Live Laugh Linky, Creative Princess, Share your Cup, , Blooming Linky Party, Link it Up, Made you Look,  Blog Stalking, Wildly Original, Showcase your Talent, Somewhat Simple, Keep Calm and Link Up, Five Little Chefs, Lamberts Lately, Inspire Us Thursday, Weekly Creative, All Things Pretty
Friday
Show and Tell Friday, Friday Favorites,Lovely Crafty Weekend, Weekend Wander, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Flaunt it Friday, 504 Main, Friday Favs, Fancy This Friday, Flash Blog Friday, Finished Friday, Freedom Friday, Show off Friday, Keep Calm and Link Up, Weekend Wonders, I'm loving it, Friday Favs, Pity Party, Dare to Share, F Friday, Craftionary Link Party, Do Something Crafty, Get Crafty, Shine on Friday!
Weekend
Weekend Wrap Up, Strut Your Stuff, Check me Out , Show and Tell, Saturday Spotlight, Your Great Idea, Share it Saturday, Sunday Showcase, Think Pink, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Not Baaad Sunday, That DIY Party,  A Bouquet of Talent, Weekend Creative

Monday

10 comments:

  1. I do this too! It;s the only way I can remember to get them out in time, giggle. Thank you so much for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop so much fun Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to plan ahead and organize the cards! I REALLY need to work on this! Love the cute binder idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...I love the idea of picking up ones we like and saving them for just the right moment. Thanks for participating in Katie's Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea to keep all your cards organized. I don't make my cards but I like to buy them in advance and need a way to keep organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do something similar and it helps me to remember to send cards throughout the busy year. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday at Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! What a clever idea! You created this just for people like me who lose cards left and right! And, thank you for stopping by Shine a Spotlight Saturday and sharing! See you next Saturday! —Deb at DialMforMoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I made one in a tin and I forget to use it. lol! How crazy is that? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is what I need! Great idea - Thanks! Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!!
    ~ Betsy from Romance on a dime

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...