So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
We're halfway through the year - eeek - where has the time been going? I'm still working hard on my goals, but June was hard with the busy end of school year time and transition into summer schedule. I haven't been able to hit my stride and get into a good routine yet this summer, but I'm working on it!
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
Saturdays were rough as I was usually at shows with M, but other than that, I think I did alright. Take a look
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
School is finally over and I wanted to ramp up my running, but that hasn't happened yet. However, I am still hanging in there an making my weekly runs a priority. I'm struggling with a blister in the arch of my foot, but hopefully it heals soon!
I would like. This month I ran 32.54 Miles. This brings my total 2013 mileage to 210.63/400 miles. Halfway through the year and I'm on track to meet this goal - SWEET!
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
Finished in April during my spring break - it's huge!
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
Total is now 3/5.
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
This one may not happen. I didn't register for the class to start in March. I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!
Done in Feb. during my honeymoon. I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay.
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
I will say that I've done OK on this one. I worked hard to keep an eye on M while also letting him get back into his routine as he has been getting better. I sat through some long show days and tear downs to keep an eye on him and I've been trying not to worry about him too much, but it's a challenge for sure. As for being a good wife... I will say I did alright with that this month as M and I have gotten back into our normal routine.
I also went camping with M, and survived bugs and rain (I really don't like bugs!) so I call that being a good wife :) I enjoy the time with M, just not the bugs and the wet.
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
I made it through the end of the school year with my sanity in tack. I call that a success. I have been making progress on my to do lists and keeping things picked up at home (although not on my crafts that I'd like to work on). At the very least, I haven't been beating myself up about stuff to much, so we'll call it a win.