Monday, April 22, 2013

Simple One Hour Bread - Really!

So, as I mentioned a few weeks ago in my post on Oatmeal Honey Wheat Buttermilk Bread, that I really enjoy making bread, but the one downfall to it is that working with yeast is often time consuming.  With my job being so busy this year, it's difficult to make fresh bread when it takes about three hours or more from start to finish and needs to be punched down once or twice and then baked for an hour.  That doesn't always work with my schedule during the week, but I still love the smell of fresh bread and being able to serve bread hot out of the oven with dinner.  (M also is a big fan of hot bread too :).
In comes the one hour bread recipe - seriously - mixing, rising, and baking - it takes a hour.  Get it started and then put together the rest of your dinner and everything will be ready at the same time.  Perfect!


Simple One Hour Bread
Adapted from: La Fugi Momma
Ingredients:

  • 5 1/4 cups flour
  • 3 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon instant yeast
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon oil
  • 2 cups hot water

Directions:

Mix the dry ingredients  then add the oil and water.  Mix for one more minute until well incorporated.  Dough should be sticky, if it is too dry, add more water.  Then knead for five minutes (I use my stand mixer and dough hook).  This step is important!  Also, do not add any more flour once you start kneading.  Dough should have a smooth consistency.
Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.  Divide the dough between the two pans.  Cover with a dish towel and let rise in a warm place for 25 minutes.
My house is always too cool for bread to rise (unless its summer), so I place the pans on the radiator  to rise
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  *Optional* Before baking, grease a knife and make three slashes in the top of each loaf.  Each slash should be a quarter inch deep and at a 30 degree angle.  Bake loaves for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Enjoy!
Linking up:
<- Clicking on this button will take you to a printer friendly version that also has nutrition info!


Monday
A Round TuitMasterpiece MondayMarket Yourself MondayPink Hippo PartyRecipe Sharing MondayMelt in Your Mouth MondayMotivate Me MondayMade by You MondaysMade with LoveCraft-O-Manic MondayMonday FundayMeal Time MondaySweet Sharing MondayMarvelous MondaysMix it Up MondaysMake it PrettyMop It Up MondayBusy MondayI gotta try that
Tuesday
Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Homemade TuesdayNifty Thrifty TuesdayTake a Look TuesdayToo Cute TuesdayTutorial TuesdayTuesday TimeOutOne Project at a TimeTasteful TuesdayTell me TuesdayTrick or Treat Tuesday,  Tuesday Talent ShowTwo Cup TuesdayMemories by the MileTotally Tasteful TuesdaysHow To TuesdayTuesday ConfessionalTime for You Tuesday, Gathering Spot, Take it On Tuesday, You're Gonna Love it Tuesday, All my Bloggy FriendsTuesday to DoPin it Tuesday
Wednesday
Create and ShareSugar and SpiceWhat I Whipped UpWhatever Goes WednesdayShow me what ya GotLil LunaWow me Wesdnesday{Wow Me} WednesdayCast PartyRecipe RoundupRecipe BoxYour Whims WednesdayWhat's Cooking WednesdayFluster's Creative MusterWednesday WhatsitChef's Day OffShow and ShareDream to Reality, Wow Us Wednesday, Super Linky PartyWhat We Wore, Read, and Made, Whatcha Work-Up, A Little Bird Told Me,

Thursday
Hooking up with HoHCatch a GlimpseFull Plate ThursdayCreative JuiceBusy BeesThursday's TreasuresCrafty SoireeCommercial BreakChic and CraftyThursday Favorite Things, Live Laugh LinkyCreative PrincessShare your Cup, Keep Calm and Link Up, Linky PartyLink it UpMade you Look, Inspiration in ProgressBlog StalkingWildly OriginalShowcase your TalentSomewhat Simple
Friday
Weekend re-TreatFoodie FridayShow and Tell FridayFriday FavoritesSimply CreateLovely Crafty WeekendEBKTSWeekend WanderWeekend Show OffWeekend Bloggy ReadingFlaunt it Friday504 MainFriday FavsFancy This Friday, Flash Blog Friday, Finished FridayFreedom FridayShow off Friday, Happy HourI <3 Friday, Keep Calm and Link Up, Weekend Wonders,
Weekend
Weekend Wrap UpSay G'dayStrut Your StuffCheck me Out Show and TellSaturday SpotlightGreat IdeasShow and Tell SaturdayYour Great IdeaSimply Sweet SaturdayShare it SaturdaySaturday Show and TellSunday ScoopSunday ShowcaseThink PinkNifty Thrifty SundayNot Baaad SundayScrumptious Sunday Recipe Link PartyThat DIY Party,Overflowing with Creativity PartyA Bouquet of TalentWill Cook for Smiles

47 comments:

  1. Fresh hot bread in one hour...ahhh...gotta try it.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,

    This is interesting. I should try this one of these days.

    I would like to invite you to share your creations or recipes to
    Pin It Monday Hop (LINK). We'd love to have you in the hop. I hope to see you there :D

    Judy
    pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's amazing! I want to bake this! )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid of baking bread! BUT, an hour I can handle... I will pin this and give it a try! If I am successful my hubby will love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be giving this a try. One hour, love it! Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks tasty. Baking bread can be such a faff. Managing it in an hour would be awesome.

    Visiting from time to sparkle Tuesday,

    Sarabeth
    Life of an Agnostic Sunday School Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try this out! You cant beat one hour! I am a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully you will want to follow me back! Have a great evening Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot bread in an hour! Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely making this! Shared on Facebook and Google+ today :-) Thank you for linking up at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks easy enough that even I could do it! Pinned! Thanks for sharing at Pin It Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delicious! Might just have to make this bread. My husband isn't a huge "homemade" bread fan, but maybe I could win him over. :)

    I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can this be made with whole wheat flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not! I would try doing half whole wheat flour and half regular flour.
      Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  13. I would love a bread ready in an hour!! Pinning... Thanks so much for taking the time to link up to the Tasteful Tuesday party @Nap-TimeCreations.com. Make sure to follow my blog via bloglovin, GFC or facebook so you don't miss out on my features posts... it could be YOU :o)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually mix the dough in my bread machine, then bake. It still takes about 2 1/2 hours. I'm going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Fresh Bread. I cannot wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple and looks delicious! Will definitely have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is awesome! I can't believe it only takes one hour. That is a recipe I've got to try! Thanks for sharing at Time To Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum yum yum...nothing is better than nice, warm bread!!
    and in an hour...

    I'm a new follower.

    xoxo,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. We just love homemade bread, this looks awesome. Your recipe is fabulous and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just told my husband a few days ago that I wanted to start making bread. You can't get any easier than doing it in one hour! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never made homemade bread because it seems daunting. Homemade bread in an hour sounds awesome. I'm eating gluten again so I'm looking forward to trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like fun! I have never made bread either but 1 hour doesn't seem soo bad. I am visiting from Sarah's blog hoppin weekends! Please stop by and visit if you can!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  23. All for making bread that only takes one hour. Visiting from weekend blog hop. New follower. Living F.A.B.ulously on Purpose

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds delicious! I;m totally making this bread today

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nothing better than homemade bread. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOve homemade bread -- and to be able to do it in an hour is a huge plus! thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    A Pinch of Joy/

    ReplyDelete
  27. one hour? Get out! What a time saver. Thanks for linking up at Pint Sized Baker's Two Cup Tuesday Party! I've pinned this! I hope to see you again on Monday Night!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This recipe is a winner! Loved it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love homemade bread - and the thought of making it in one hour is great! I wanted to let you know that we will be featuring you at tomorrow's All my Bloggy Friends. I can't wait to see what you link up this week! - Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seriously I have to try this. Oh, wish I had a piece with butter and homemade jam right now. lol! Thanks for sharing this recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  31. Featuring you at ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS today!

    http://withablast.blogspot.com/2013/04/all-my-bloggy-friends-link-party-44.html

    Looking forward to see your links this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yum..baking bread is my fav..
    one hint: set a cup of water in the microwave & cook to boiling. 1-2 min .leave cup IN microwave.
    quickly set your loaves of bread inside & shut the door..
    set the timer for 40 min or so.. .
    esp nice to use this method during the winter when the kitchen might not be so warm
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yum & love that it's time is cut with instant yeast. Thanks for sharing & linking up at DearCreatives.com I hope you can drop by & link up again. I'd love to be added to your Friday party line up.I can't wait to try your recipe & am tweeting it out to my readers & followers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks delicious! I'm pinning it right now and trying this for sure. I've also shared it on Google+.

    Thanks so much for joining in with the Say G'Day Saturday Linky Party. Hope you can link up again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  35. O my gosh I have to try this. Thank you for the great post, I found you off of the shown some love hop.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mmmmmm! This looks fantastic :) As one of the co-hosts from the My Favorite Posts Weekend SHOW OFF Party! I wanted to personally thank you for linking up with us & to invite you to add me to your G+ circles or follow me on Twitter or Facebook as I’ve done the same with you. Also, I run a link party on my food blog, Anyonita Nibbles where you can link up recipes or food related posts. This week’s party is here: http://www.anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tasty-tuesdays-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. We've used your recipe several times and it's DELICIOUS and SO EASY! My 11 yr old daughter and her friend love helping and will soon be able to make it on their own! I use the highly active yeast for best results. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can this be made with Gluten Free flour and it still turn out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never worked with Gluten Free flour before, so I'm not sure. If you try it, let me know and I can share that information with everyone!

      Delete
  39. I read all the way through to see if anyone by any chance asked the Gluten free question :). I am definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I made this bread today and it was very fast and good! I did half of this recipe to make one loaf and I had to add a lot more flour because the dough was more of a liquid. Overall, a great recipe. Next I want to add honey and use some wheat flour.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This recipe reminds me of the book ar tisanal bread in five minutes.... totally works, easy as pie tasty as all get out thanks for the great share!!
    love that you use the stand mixer... makes it sooooooooooooooooo much easier even with traditional recipies when you let the dough rest and rise then just flick the switch to knead... I love bread from scratch.. it so much cheaper and easier than people think.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great looking bread! Thanks for posting this at the Saturday Night Fever link party. Hope to see you back on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  43. So, what do you do with the Yeast ???? Doesn't say.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...