Monday, December 23, 2013

Top 5 Traditional Christmas Cookies



I love love love to bake at Christmas time.  I always have a set of traditional recipes that I make.  It just doesn't seem like Christmas can arrive until I have baked these items.  :)  Even when I was in college I would always have a baking marathon as soon as I got home after finals so that I could make these traditional cookies for my family.
Without further ado, here are my top five Christmas recipes

1. Traditional Cutout Cookies
 These cookies entered my family in the 1960s when my aunt started baking (that's what the recipe card says :).  My mom and I have been making these for as long as I can remember, I think I took over sole "rolling out" duties when I was 8 or 10.  It's a huge batch, but they always disappear fast!

2. Candy Cane Cookies
I love the "twist" on these cookies.  They also have a great taste.

3. Christmas Tree Cookies
These are cookies my mom made with her mom and the old aluminum crank cookie press.  I never met my grandma, but I like making these in honor of her each year.  Plus, these ones freeze great, my mom likes them best straight out of the freezer.

4. Chocolate Spritz Cookies
Again, another recipe from my mom's mom and her cookie press.  These are my mom and Opa's favorite cookies, while I don't enjoy chocolate, I love to make them to share with my family.

5. Kris Kringle Cookies
These are the "new" cookies on the block.  I love almond cookies and we received this cookie mold as a gift in the early 1990s and they were added to our cookie line up.

So those are my top five cookies that I make each and every year.  How many different cookies do you make each year?  What is your favorite traditional recipe?  Feel free to share!  Have a wonderful holidays everyone!

Linking Up
Linking up:
Monday
A Round Tuit, Masterpiece Monday, Market Yourself Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Made by You Mondays, Made with Love, Craft-O-Manic Monday, Sweet Sharing Monday, Marvelous Mondays, Mix it Up Mondays, Make it Pretty, Mop It Up Monday, Busy Monday,
Wednesday
Thursday
Weekend
Weekend Wrap Up, Strut Your Stuff, Check me Out , Show and Tell, Saturday Spotlight, Great Ideas, Your Great Idea, Share it Saturday, Saturday Sunday Showcase, Think Pink, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Not Baaad Sunday, Scrumptious Sunday Recipe Link Party, That DIY Party,Overflowing with Creativity Party, A Bouquet of Talent, Will Cook for Smiles

6 comments:

  1. A great collection of cookies, I just love Christmas Cookies! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and wishing you abundant blessings in 2014!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always have to have the cutouts but I also make gingerbread cookies and different kinds of Italian Christmas cookies...I make 10-12 kinds a year. That has to stop soon! I still have a bunch in my freezer! Visiting from Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually make 15 to 20 different cookies but this year work and a couple of snow storms cut it down to 11 or 12.
    Your cookies look delicious.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes at last weeks Saturday Spotlight on Angels Homestead. I really appreciate each person who takes the time to come by and link up. I'm making a special announcement at tomorrows party, it's all about new beginnings for the new year. :)

    Hope to see you again soon!

    April

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...