Friday, March 1, 2013
So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
Take a look - This month was difficult because of being on vacation for a week. M and I did a lot of walking and exploring, but it was hard to record exactly.
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
This month I ran 31.3 Miles
This brings my total 2013 mileage to 67.91/400 miles. Making slow but sure progress
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
4. Finish my prayer shawl for St. Mary's Hospital
Nope, didn't get a chance to work on this one this month.
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
I have about half of my second one done
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
Didn't happen this month
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
This one may not happen. I didn't register for the class to start in March. I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!
8. Visit one new city or state
:) I visited 4 new places! I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay.
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
I was a good wife and enjoyed my honeymoon with my husband immensly! We celebrated being married for four months while on our cruise.
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
Some time off during our vacation was much needed and gave me some time to put things into perspective.