So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
I was SO close! I'm actually pretty upset with myself. I only missed one day - ONE DAY! And it was Saturday. I made it 28 days, and then missed a day due to driving five hours for a baby shower and going to work with Matt - I just couldn't drag myself out of bed any earlier to squeeze the workout in before the baby shower. Take a look. But I keep trying!
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
I got a new iPod since mine decided to stop working randomly over Labor Day weekend :( It took a bit of time to get it calibrated to track my runs, but I'm up and going now. This month I ran 30.81 Miles. This brings my total 2013 mileage to 310.88/400 miles. 3/4 of the way through the year - 10 miles of 3/4 of my goal - excellent!
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
Finished in April during my spring break - it's huge!
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
Total is now 3/5.
Soooo close to being done with number 4! Just have 10 rows left!
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
Didn't happen. Another one I need to work on, better get moving as the year is ticking away (and I'm crazy busy now that I'm back to work!)
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
This one may not happen. I still haven't taken one class yet. I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!
Done in Feb. during my honeymoon. I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay.
Also went to Thunder Bay Ontario this month! Whoot! Added another new country :) But sadly no new passport stamps :(
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
Work in progress. I'm trying to be patient and helpful while he's so busy with work right now.
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
This one, not so much. To many worries and too many times I stressed out over little silly things. Still working on this one I guess.