So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
Finally Finally FINALLY! I met this goal this month! YAY!!!!! Take a look.
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
Running was a bit up and down this month, but I kept trucking. This month I ran 32.25 Miles. This brings my total 2013 mileage to 343.13/400 miles.
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
Finished in April during my spring break - it's huge!
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
Total is now 3/5.
Soooo close to being done with number 4! Just have 10 rows left!
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
Not yet. Another one I need to work on, better get moving as the year is ticking away (and I'm crazy busy now that I'm back to work!)
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
This one may not happen. I still haven't taken one class yet. I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!
Done in Feb. during my honeymoon. I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay.
Also went to Thunder Bay Ontario this month! Whoot! Added another new country :) But sadly no new passport stamps :(
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
Matt and I celebrated our 1st anniversary in October. I can't believe we've been married for a whole year already. I am one lucky lady (and working deserving such a wonderful guy!) We got to spend a wonderful few days together and it was so nice to have some quality time together.
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
I keep working on this one.