Friday, February 1, 2013
So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
Take a look - I did pretty good with staying active! I only missed two days. This goal has been harder than I thought it would be. I knew the weekends would be a bit of a challenge, but it's also hard to get up and do something when its been SO cold outside (like below zero cold several nights recently and last week)
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
I ran 36.61/400 miles. Making slow but sure progress
I figured if I run about 35 miles a month, I will hit this goal. To be exact, I need to run 33.3 miles every month. Hopefully in the summer I'll be able to run a bit more. And hopefully a week off next month for my honeymoon will not set me back too far (and will give my sore hip a chance to heal!)
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
4. Finish my prayer shawl for St. Mary's Hospital
Nope, didn't get a chance to work on this one this month.
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
Got 1 done! 1/5 completed
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
Didn't happen this month
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
I registered for a class to start in March
8. Visit one new city or state
This will probably happen in the summer
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
This was something I worked hard at this month since M was working so much and I was trying to make things easier for him. Somedays I did better than others. No huge successes or failures in this area
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
Still working on this one. Given the chaos that has been my job, it's hard to stay positive. Matt is helping me and I did have a small success this week when I was able to let something go instead of beating myself up about it (my computer is trying to die on me and I'm not taking it well)
On a side note, I've hit over 1000 page views since I started my blog - wow! Thanks everyone for reading :)