Sunday, April 7, 2013

What I did on Spring Break



Since my Headband tutorial, I haven't had much time for crafting due to school related stuff.  I've been knitting, but haven't finished anything that I can show you - yet :)
But since I was on spring break this week, I finally have some more fun craft projects to share!

Right before break I got an awesome shipment of new thread - which made me very excited!  Now I can sew with something other than white or black thread :)  Based on recommendations, I bought Gutterman thread - it was on sale at Joanne's for 40% off plus free shipping - score!



Here's a sneak peek of what I was up to this week
Made some dishcloths

Celebrated my first Easter with my husband

Made some new - DELICIOUS! - Cookies!

Baby Hats
Chicken Kabobs
Finished my prayer shawl!
Made some cards



I was sick one day and then over the weekend I went adventuring with M, so didn't have as much time to work on my craft projects as I would have liked... go figure. But I did get some things done and I can't wait to share them with you!

Over the weekend, I traveled to Illinois with Matt to see his boss's band re-unite.  (M's coworker really wants me to blog about this) They played for the 22nd anniversary on Saturday night.  It was kinda  long trip, but interesting.  I spent my Saturday afternoon sitting in a bar reading my book and knitting a chemo cap while they were setting up.

They weren't too bad, and the band had a lot of fun.  As M put it - a wedding band.  Which at least means they play some decent songs that I know. I got to dance some with a friend which made for a good night.  Just have to watch out for guys with long hair who tried to grab me! 
While it may not have been how I would have chose to spend my weekend, I did get to travel a bit for my spring break, and I got to spend time with M before his crazy month of work takes over.  It also makes for some good stories.  But I would not recommend five hour truck rides with three guys!  


Stay tuned the month of April for complete tutorials!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I love the pictures of completed items. Hopefully this helps you fulfill your year goals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...