So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
I had high hopes that this month would finally be the month where I didn't miss a day. But alas, no such luck. Take a look - This month started out a little rough. I'm also still having a lot of problems with my hip hurting, so I'm trying to be gentle on myself, even though that's hard. Most times I still run my three days a week anyways because I want to reach my 400 mile goal.
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
This month I ran 40.58 Miles! My first month over 40 miles since I was in cross country in 2003! Go me!
This brings my total 2013 mileage to 103.69/400 miles. Making slow but sure progress. We're a quarter of the way through the year and I'm a quarter of the way to my goal - YAY!
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
4. Finish my prayer shawl for St. Mary's Hospital
I worked on this finally! I got about five more inches done... getting super close!
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
This one may not happen. I didn't register for the class to start in March. I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!
:) I visited 4 new places! I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay in February for our honeymoon.
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
This last week - maybe not so much, the week before spring break was a busy one for me. But otherwise, I've done ok. I've been a good sport about multiple trips to Home Depot and Menards and Matt has been on a tool buying tear, so he's been a happy camper. He's nearly got a complete woodshop in our basement. And he built some pretty sweet shelves in the middle of the month for all of our totes :)
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
Beginning of the month - total failure on this one. I had a couple of rough days after a trip to the office. 5 1/2 hours in the car is too much thinking time for me! Thankfull I have a really awesome husband who loves me and calms me down and helps me look at things better. That, followed by a quiet weekend at home helped get me to feel a bit better and gave me some new perspective.
Matt is really helpful in this area. If I start to stress and worry to much, he helps me talk it out and slow down my thinking.