Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Goals in Review

So instead of doing a year in review post, I'm going to share my year-end update on my 2013 goals. 

So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.


1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
Take a look at how I did.  December was a rough month, with a lot of missed days due to traveling, holidays, and sickness.  But overall, I think I improved my activity level, which was my goal :).

2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
This month I ran 28.94 Miles.  This brings my total 2013 mileage to 400.42/400 miles. I did it!!!!  I don't think I've ever run this many miles in a year - ever - even when I was in Cross Country - I am really proud of myself for accomplishing this goal!

3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
I'm registered for a race in September!  I was registered, but then had to cancel because of a family obligation, so still no 5K.  Didn't happen, so I will make this one a priority in 2014

4. Finish my prayer shawl for St. Mary's Hospital
Finished in April during my spring break - it's huge!

5. Knit 5 Chemo caps   
Total is now 4/5.
Finished 4 - Got sick in December, so didn't have time for number 5, but I still donated over 50 hours of time between my shawl and other chemo caps, so I am happy. 

6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
Not yet.  Another one I need to work on, better get moving as the year is ticking away

7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
Didn't happen.  I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!  I'm also not sure about the major or the school I was taking classes, I might explore some other options in 2014. 

8. Visit one new city or state
Done in Feb. during my honeymoon. I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay.
Also went to Thunder Bay Ontario this month!  Whoot!  Added another new country :)  But sadly no new passport stamps :(

9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
Matt thinks I do great at this one, I don't always agree.  Matt and I have been married for 14 months now - a lot has happened in the first year of our marriage.  It was a lot of ups and downs and we sure put our vows to the test.  But I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else, so I am happy to be his wife and hope to continue to work hard to be a good wife and do my part to make a good marriage. 

10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
Still a work in progress.  Looking back on these goals, i don't feel like I 100% met a lot of them, which would usually turn me into a ball of stress and regret, but this time, I'm working to keep things in perspective.  I did get a lot done in the past year and had a lot of good times and memories and surprised myself keeping my cool when dealing with some pretty major challenges.  So in the end, I have happy with 2013, and more than ready to move on to 2014. 

I haven't decided yet if I will post goals for 2014 yet.  I'm not in the mood to set any right now, so I might set some smaller monthly goals.  This was actually the first time I had set big New Year's goals.  So we'll see what happens.  I know I do have some things I want to work on and accomplish in the new year.  I think that writing things down helps me stay focused and track my progress more.

Have a great 2014 everyone and thanks for all of your support in 2013!

3 comments:

  1. Your running goals are awesome :) Visiting from a glimpse inside! Here are my 2014 goals! http://womenwithintention.com/2014-goals/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your goal list and the things you do. I also love that you are getting your goals marked off
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful that you keep up with your goal list (most people don't). Listen to your husband on how you're doing , but keep focused on that important goal. As a marriage veteran of 25 years, I can tell you it's a on-going goal. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...