Monday, January 20, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Hello Again! 
Last week was the end of the semester at my school, it was a CRAZY busy time!  So glad that the week is over (and that I get today off!  Yay for catching up on chores, (and fingers crossed for some craft time!).  This week will be a busy one for me again, and I won't have much time for cooking.  The so-called polar vortex is supposed to reappaer for the majority of the week.  I am not a fan of high temperatures that start with a - sign.  That's too cold even for me!  
At the end of a long busy (cold!) day, I don't usually feel like cooking  But I do want a warm meal that will be hearty and delicious.  Enter CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup.  Throw it in the crock pot in the morning, let it simmer all day while you are at work.  Add some noodles when you get home and you have a delicious healthy meal with very little effort on your part, and one that will warm you from the inside out.  Pair with some 30 minute rolls and you have a perfect meal with hardly any work on your part - Win!


Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs of chicken 
  • 1 lb carrots
  • 2 cups celery
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 6 cups of chicken broth (6 cups hot water plus 4 teaspoons chicken bullion)
  • 12 oz egg noodles (3/4 bag)

Directions:
Chop all of the vegetables and place in the crockpot.  Add the chicken on top.  If your chicken is frozen (or partially so) you can put it in whole.  Otherwise, cute into 1 inch chunks.  Pour broth over the top.  Turn crockpot on to low, and cook for 6-8 hours.  
Stir contents of crock pot.  If you placed the chicken in whole, use spoon or knife to break up the chicken into smaller pieces.  By this time, the chicken should be very tender and fall apart easily.
Add the egg noodles over the top and cook for an additional 30-60 minutes.  If needed, add some more water to the crock pot.  You want the noodles to be mostly submerged or they will get crunchy and burned instead of soft and cooked.
Once noodles have cooked, serve warm with a side of bread or rolls.  
Freeze any leftovers.

Enjoy!


<--Click on the magic button for nutrition info and a printer friendly version

Linking up
Monday
A Round TuitMasterpiece MondayMarket Yourself MondayRecipe Sharing MondayMelt in Your Mouth MondayMotivate Me MondayMade by You MondaysMade with LoveCraft-O-Manic MondaySweet Sharing MondayMarvelous MondaysMix it Up MondaysMake it PrettyMop It Up MondayBusy Monday,
Wednesday
Thursday
Weekend
Weekend Wrap UpStrut Your StuffCheck me Out Show and TellSaturday SpotlightGreat IdeasYour Great IdeaShare it SaturdaySaturday Sunday ShowcaseThink PinkNifty Thrifty SundayNot Baaad SundayScrumptious Sunday Recipe Link PartyThat DIY Party,Overflowing with Creativity PartyA Bouquet of TalentWill Cook for Smiles

17 comments:

  1. I've been looking for another soup recipe and have never tried it in the crockpot so maybe I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing! (Stopping by from Hi! It's Jilly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great now I want soup...this soup!!!! yum. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cooking in the crock pot =) I'd love it if you'd share this at my link party going on now! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2014/01/accidentally-wonderful-wednesday-2_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sitting here really cold and this looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chciken noodle soup, love it even more cause I can make it in a crockpot! Would love for you to come over and share at our link party The Weekend Retreat it just started! http://mommyondemand.com/weekend-retreat-link-party-51/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for a slow-cooker chicken soup recipe, and here it is! Sounds delicious! Thanks for playing with us at Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am astonished to learn all the things that can be made in a slow cooker. I would never have thought one to be chicken noodle soup which, by the way, sounds delish to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Danielle,
    Your Chicken Noodle Soup looks like a great soup that sure will be great in this very cold weather that we are having. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this recipe. It looks perfect for a cold, wintery night!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be perfect to chase away the chill right now. I love crock pot recipes. Thank you so much for linking this up at the Shine a Spotlight Saturday Link Party on Angels Homestead this week!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmMM - that sounds good right now! Thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday!!
    ~ Betsy @ Romance on a dime

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks perfect for these cold winter days!!!
    I am co hosting Fluster's Creative Muster Link Party!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Homemade chicken noodle soup is one of my favs! Growing up my mom always boiled eggs and she would slice one in half and place it on top of the bowl of chicken noodle soup. It really is quite yummy. I still do it today. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up to last week's Tuesday Confessional. You've been featured so head over and grab a brag button!
    http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2014/01/tuesday-confessional-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes and soup is perfect for these crazy cold temps. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays! I am featuring it today at Red Cottage Chronicles. Love me some warm soup on a cold winter day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks yummy! My kids love chicken noodle soup and I am excited to get them eating it somehow besides out of a can! I will definitely be trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...