So... I set some lofty goals at the beginning of the year (I still don't really want to call them resolutions... resolutions too often get broken. So... I set goals. I just happened to set them on Jan. 1st)
How am I doing?
Let's take a look.
1. Be active everyday - at least do something! I'm good about being active during the week and hitting the gym - the weekends, not so much. I'd like to change that.
So, there was lots of traveling for work this month, which presented a challenge in finding a time and a place to work out. Take a look although I didn't do something everyday, all things considered, I didn't do to bad.
2. Run 400 miles. I'm worried this might be too much of a stretch for me, considering I don't go much more than 3 miles ever (three times a week), but I can give it a try! I ran about 250 in 2012, so maybe I can be a little more consistent and up my mileage in 2013.
This month I ran 36.8 Miles! Not quite as much as last month, but still holding steady! This brings my total 2013 mileage to 140.49/400 miles. Making slow but sure progress.
3. Run my first 5K since high school cross country.
4. Finish my prayer shawl for St. Mary's Hospital
Whoot! I finished this way at the beginning of the month during my spring break. Look, it's huge!
5. Knit 5 Chemo caps
I knit a good portion of one while sitting in a bar the weekend after Easter (you can read about that here). But life happened and I haven't finished the decreases quite yet.
Total is now 2/5.
6. Finish one of my other UFO knitting projects
7. Take two masters classes - I am very unmotivated about working towards my master's but I know I should be taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement at Connections Academy
This one may not happen. I didn't register for the class to start in March. I'm not motivated to take the class and worried about overbooking myself. I value the little free time that I do have!
Done in Feb. during my honeymoon. I was in Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, and Half Moon Cay.
9. Be a better wife (I know, it's vague), but somedays I don't feel like I do that well in this area. Maybe I'm still getting the hang of it since I've only been married 2 1/2 months.
This month I say I win the good wife award. At the end of my spring break, I spent my last weekend off traveling to a tiny town in Illinois with Matt - for his work. The rest of the month, Matt has been CRAZY busy with events - sometimes as many as three a weekend. I went to work with him a lot to pitch in, and sometimes stayed home by myself. So for this month, I say I win for putting up with his crazy work schedule.
Side note - Matt's in the hospital right now, so I will give myself a bonus for trying to hold it all together right now.
10. Be kinder to myself. M keeps telling me that I'm too hard on myself and need to relax some and be nicer to myself and everything will be ok. We both know that being kind to yourself can be tough, but I want to try to make some improvements in this area.
Up and down as usual. I've been so busy trying to sort through things the last few days and surviving state testing that I didn't have time to be real down on myself this month.